MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING COURSES
COURSE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- Our courses are based in Portlaoise, Tullamore & Roscrea from 6.00pm – 8.30pm on alternate Tuesday or Wednesday evenings so you dont have to take a day off work
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Anyone who lifts anything in the course of their work
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE COURSE:
- To comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 chapter 4 Part 2
WHY SHOULD YOU NOT TAKE AN ONLINE COURSE:
- Because online Manual Handling courses do not meet the requirements in Irish legislation because you have to show competency to the instructor in the practical tasks which cannot be done in an online course. This means legally if you take an online course you are not trained and you have wasted your money.
- To reduce back injuries otherwise known as musculoskeletal disorders (MSD)
MANUAL HANDLING COURSE CONTENT:
- Legislation – looking at our individual duties
- Investigating the most common causes of back injuries
- Anatomy of the back – looking to see the possible injuries caused
- Ergonomics – how can we make lifting easier
- Mechanical aids – whats available and how can they help us
- Our health and fitness – what can we do ourselves to make manual handling easier
- Lifting and moving – the main principles of manual handling
- Skills assessment – a physical demonstration of what we have learned
- Written assessment – a question and answer covering the topics learned
- The possibility of your back being injured has been reduced
- Successful delegates will receive a SafetyTraining.ie Manual Handling Certificate.
- All of our courses are delivered using the English language so delegates must also have a good command of English both written and spoken so the course can be fully understood. You are welcome to bring an interpreter with you to class if you choose but we would ask to be informed of this when booking
HOW TO BOOK:
- By clicking on the BOOK NOW button on this page which will take you to the booking page
HOW TO CONTACT US:
No event found!
No event found!
DURATION: Half day
MAX PARTICIPANTS: 12
LOCATION: Portlaoise Tullamore & Client premises
COST: €45 per delegate or €350 at Clients premises