BLENDED MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING COURSES
WHY IS THIS THE SAFEST MANUAL HANDLING COURSE IN IRELAND?:
- It’s because its clearly unsafe to sit in a classroom for 2.5 to 3 hours listening to a presentation and then do a practical test of lifting a box and then performing a team lift. For nearly 2 years we have put the part where you sit in the classroom and listen to the presentation, into an online presentation that you can listen to at anytime that suits you. When you have completed that part we email you to book in to our next practical class. Because of Covid-19 we can only have 6 in a class at a time, this part will take around 15 minutes to complete as you have already received instruction on how to lift in the online course. You will then get your Manual Handling Certificate before you leave the room. For those reasons it is without doubt the safest Manual Handling Course in Ireland.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I RECEIVE?:
- You will receive a Manual Handling Certificate delivered by a QQI level 6 Manual Handling Instructor who has a Degree in Health and Safety along with Level 6 & 7 Teaching qualifications. This is the same certificate as we provide in our classroom based courses and is vailid at any workplace in Ireland.
COURSE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- This is a blended course. We have made the classroom theory part into an online course so you can do this at anytime on you laptop or PC or phone. When you have completed that you can do the practical demonstration in class.
- Our classes for the practical demonstrations are based in Portlaoise from 5.30pm – 6.30pm on Thursday evenings and can take 15-20 minutes to complete.
- If you have any questions or want any further information about our course please don’t hestitate to text here. or phone on 087 3962215. If you would like us to call you back just ask and we will.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Anyone who lifts anything in the course of their work that may lead to injury.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE COURSE:
- To comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 chapter 4 Part 2.
WHY SHOULD YOU NOT TAKE A COMPLETELY ONLINE COURSE:
- Because completely online Manual Handling courses do not meet the requirements in Irish legislation because you have to show competency to the instructor in the practical tasks which cannot be done in an online course. This means legally if you or your employees take an online course you are not trained, and you have wasted your money.
- To reduce back injuries otherwise known as musculoskeletal disorders (MSD).
MANUAL HANDLING COURSE CONTENT:
- Legislation – looking at our individual duties.
- Investigating the most common causes of back injuries.
- Anatomy of the back – looking to see the possible injuries caused.
- Ergonomics – how can we make lifting easier.
- Mechanical aids – whats available and how can they help us.
- Our health and fitness – what can we do ourselves to make manual handling easier.
- Lifting and moving – the main principles of manual handling.
- Written assessment – an online question and answer quiz covering the topics learned.
- Skills assessment – an in class physical demonstration of what we have learned.
- The possibility of your back being injured has been reduced
- Successful delegates will receive a PDF SafetyTraining.ie Manual Handling Certificate which will be emailed on completion.
- All of our courses are delivered using the English language so delegates must also have a good command of English both written and spoken so the course can be fully understood. You are welcome to bring an interpreter with you to class if you choose but we would ask to be informed of this when booking.
HOW TO BOOK:
- By clicking on the BOOK NOW button on this page which will take you to our online portal where you can pay securely by stripe and take your course. On completion of online theory part of the course you will receive an email from us containing links to our venues for the practical part. When you click on the venue of your choice you will go to a page where you can enter your details and book your place, This will normally be the following Thursday or Friday evening at 5.30pm so you wont have to take the day off work to complete your manual handling course.