MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING COURSE PORTLAOISE
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I RECEIVE?:
- You will receive a Manual Handling Certificate delivered by a QQI level 6 Manual Handling Instructor who has a Degree in Health and Safety along with Level 6 & 7 Teaching qualifications. This is the same certificate as we provide in our classroom based courses and is vailid at any workplace in Ireland
COURSE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- This is a blended course. We have made the classroom theory part into an online course so you can do this at anytime on you laptop or PC or phone. When you have completed that you can do the practical demonstration in class.
- Our classes for the practical demonstrations are based in Portlaoise from 5.30pm – 6.00pm on Friday evenings and and if you can’t make that then you can come to our Tullamore class from 5.30pm – 6.00pm on Friday evenings. Classes can take 15-20 minutes to complete.
- If you have any questions or want any further information about our course please don’t hestitate to text here. or phone on 087 3962215. If you would like us to call you back just ask and we will.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Anyone who lifts anything in the course of their work that may lead to injury
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE COURSE:
- To comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 chapter 4 Part 2
WHY SHOULD YOU NOT TAKE A COMPLETELY ONLINE COURSE:
- Because completely online Manual Handling courses do not meet the requirements in Irish legislation because you have to show competency to the instructor in the practical tasks which cannot be done in an online course. This means legally if you or your employees take an online course you are not trained, and you have wasted your money.
- To reduce back injuries otherwise known as musculoskeletal disorders (MSD)
MANUAL HANDLING COURSE CONTENT:
- Legislation – looking at our individual duties
- Investigating the most common causes of back injuries
- Anatomy of the back – looking to see the possible injuries caused
- Ergonomics – how can we make lifting easier
- Mechanical aids – whats available and how can they help us
- Our health and fitness – what can we do ourselves to make manual handling easier
- Lifting and moving – the main principles of manual handling
- Written assessment – an online question and answer quiz covering the topics learned
- Skills assessment – an in class physical demonstration of what we have learned
- The possibility of your back being injured has been reduced
- Successful delegates will receive a PDF SafetyTraining.ie Manual Handling Certificate which will be emailed on completion.
- All of our courses are delivered using the English language so delegates must also have a good command of English both written and spoken so the course can be fully understood. You are welcome to bring an interpreter with you to class if you choose but we would ask to be informed of this when booking
HOW TO BOOK:
- By clicking on the BOOK NOW button on this page which will take you to our online portal where you can pay securely by stripe and take your course. On completion of online theory part of the course you will receive an email containing a certificate confirming this. The email will also contain a link which will take you to a page where you can book in to do the practical lifting demonstration class, This will normally be the following Thursday evening at 6pm so you wont have to take the day off work to complete your manual handling course.