MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING COURSE ROSCREA
WHY IS THIS THE SAFEST MANUAL HANDLING COURSE IN IRELAND?
- It’s because its clearly unsafe to sit in a classroom for 2.5 to 3 hours listening to a presentation and then do a practical test of lifting a box and then performing a team lift. For around 4 years we have put the part where you sit in the classroom and listen to the presentation and then watch a demonstration into an online presentation that you can listen to at any time that suits you. When you have completed that part, you can call or email us to book into our next Zoom practical class. There you will demonstrate the proper lifting techniques, and if you are successful, we will then email you your Manual Handling Certificate as a pdf. For those reasons it is without doubt the safest Manual Handling Course in Ireland.
HOW MUCH IS OUR MANUAL HANDLING COURSE:
- The course costs €49. This includes the online part, the Zoom class and your Certificate which we email you as soon as you have successfully completed the Zoom class.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I RECEIVE:
- You will receive a Manual Handling Certificate delivered by a QQI level 6 Manual Handling Instructor who has a Degree in Health and Safety along with Level 6 & 7 Teaching qualifications. This is the same certificate as we provide in our classroom-based courses and is valid at any workplace in Ireland. We regularly train people that have online Manual Handling Certificates issued from other Irish based ‘training providers’ that have been rejected by their employers or site agents because they are not compliant with Irish Health & Safety regulations. Also UK or .co.uk online based courses are not compliant with Health & Safety Regulations in Ireland.
MANUAL HANDLING REFRESHER COURSE:
- There isn’t actually a manual handling refresher course available in Ireland. This is because the HSA along with QQI has only authorised training for the full course. Most training companies give manual handling certification for 3 years, after that, it’s always good to get re-certified because manual handling injuries are one of the most common workplace injuries in Ireland and it’s always good to get a reminder of that.
COURSE TIMES & LOCATIONS:
- This is an online course so you can take it at any time that suits you on your laptop, PC, tablet, or phone, you can start it now if you want to. When you have completed the online part, you can then do the practical demonstration over Zoom. This can normally be done the same day but please contact us first if you are under time pressure to get your certificate.
- If you have any questions or want any further information about our course, please don’t hesitate to text here. or phone on 087 3962215. If you would like us to call you back just ask and we will.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- Anyone who lifts anything in the course of their work that may lead to injury.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE:
- To comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 chapter 4 Part 2.
- To reduce back injuries otherwise known as musculoskeletal disorders (MSD).
- To teach you how your back works so you can better protect it.
MANUAL HANDLING COURSE CONTENT:
- Legislation – looking at our individual duties.
- Investigating the most common causes of back injuries.
- Anatomy of the back – looking to see the possible injuries caused.
- Ergonomics – how can we make lifting easier.
- Mechanical aids – what’s available and how can they help us.
- Our health and fitness – what can we do ourselves to make manual handling easier.
- Lifting and moving – the main principles of manual handling.
- Written assessment – an online question and answer quiz covering the topics learned.
- Skills assessment – a demonstration from you showing correct lifting techniques in a Zoom meeting.
- The possibility of your back being injured has been reduced
- Successful delegates will receive a PDF SafetyTraining.ie Manual Handling Certificate which will be emailed on completion.
- All of our courses are delivered using the English language so delegates must also have a good command of English so that the course can be fully understood. You are welcome to have an interpreter or assistant with you if you choose when you are taking the course if it will give you a better understanding of the course content.
HOW TO BOOK:
- By clicking on the BOOK NOW button on this page which will take you to our online portal where you can pay securely by stripe and take your course. On completion of the online part of the course, you will be able to phone, text or email us to book your Zoom class, all of our contact information is on the last slide of the course. You will also receive a confirmation email from us which will include the same contact information.